Senior Android Core Engineer
You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. You will get the opportunity to work with our very own Android based Operating System, the Over the Air (OTA) process, and the hardware integrated applications. You will be working within an agile scrum team and collaborate closely with both backend and frontend engineers.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of hands-on professional software development experience
- 5+ years Android development experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Solid understanding of modern architecture patterns
- Solid understanding of Android Framework.
- Ability to profiling process, memory, and threading in Android
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordination
- Solid experience interacting with REST API and Real-time Data Streaming
- Solid experience with Git
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs
- Have experience leading a development and engineering team
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience with test-driven development
- Have a diverse knowledge of programming languages
- Have experience with automation testing
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.