Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly)
The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) will be responsible for the development of future Peloton product assembly systems, from concept design through launch. This candidate will research, develop, benchmark and recommend state-of-the-art assembly processes, internally and in conjunction with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will serve as the assembly system engineering leader of Peloton's cross-functional launch team.
- Perform experimental assembly to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials
- Lead process and project status reviews
- Assist with writing equipment specifications for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Manage large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- Drive CapEx development and proposal
- Provide technical assembly support, generate cost reduction and continuously implement improvements
- Gathe5 technical requirements
- Participate in design for assembly efforts
- Perform detailed cost calculations
- Create/manage project timelines
- Oversee new product introductions.
- BS in Engineering; Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of assembly systems experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (NPI to high volume MFG); recognized Assembly System SME
- 2+ years of consumer hardware product assembly experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of controls systems (PLC, HMI, robotics, networking, RFID, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand component, assembly, equipment drawings, including GD&T
- Experience with work/maintenance Instructions, value-stream Mapping, process mapping, Lean, SPC, and PFMEA development
- Strong command of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, and PO processes
- Experience managing original equipment manufacturers through the equipment procurement process
- Previous experience installing, starting up, and debugging Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and CAD/CAM (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.