Security Operations Analyst
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Security Operations Analyst
Gemini is looking for an Information Security Operations Analyst to join our growing information security operations team. In this role, you will report directly to the Security Operations Lead and we be part of a team responsible for monitoring, operations, investigations and response to events within the Gemini environment.
- Analyze data feeds for event detection, and perform correlation analysis on data from multiple monitoring sources.
- Analyze data, perform research, and verify information for potential misconduct or abnormal behavior.
- Respond to cybersecurity events and incidents caused by internal and external threats, coordinate response activities with various stakeholders for confirmed incidents, and recommend mitigation strategies. This can involve non-traditional working hours.
- Proactively hunt within Gemini’s environment utilizing a variety of tools and techniques
- Triage emerging threats to protect assets and information.
- Produce forensic imaging and coordinate evidence collection for investigations.
- Utilize data mining tools to collect, search, sort, and organize large amounts of information.
- Research, address, and resolve security-related events.
- Partner with cross-functional technical teams to share expertise, research threats, and implement solutions.
- Produce reports, summaries, and other forms of communication that may be both internal and client facing, to include leadership and executive management.
- Draft root cause analysis reports and recommendations after cybersecurity incidents.
- Identify risk areas that will require vulnerability prevention
- Stay current with Security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- 3+ years of network security analysis, operational or engineering experience.
- Operations in MacOS and Linux environments
- Coding, scripting or automation experience (Python, Go, Ruby, Java)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers.
- Team player required. Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive team experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Understanding of IT operations: help desk, endpoint management and server management
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.