Security Engineer (Application Security)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
Our Cyber-security team is here to protect the security of millions of customers globally. We strive to adopt innovative solutions to problems and apply concepts of attack driven defense to improve our security posture. We design solutions that mitigate risk rather than check boxes.
We are seeking a passionate application security engineer to automate the manual, and build security into our software development pipelines. This individual will partner with our engineering teams to ship products securely and easily.
You will guide our product and engineering teams with your security expertise to make more confident product decisions. You'll take ownership of building an application security program that makes the secure decision the easier option.
- Guide product and engineering teams to building secure features through security architecture design reviews and threat modeling
- Evangelize secure coding practices across all engineering teams
- Build security into continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Use attack driven techniques to defend our applications and systems by discovering weaknesses in our web and mobile application portfolio
- Participate in incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Manage relationships with external security researchers
- Build a security conscious engineering culture
- Take a leadership role in driving security and privacy initiatives
- Detailed understanding of various web development frameworks
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling, secure software development, application security
- Experience with multiple programming languages (e.g., Scala, Java, Node, C#, Swift)
- Substantial knowledge of web application attacks and defense strategies (e.g., the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25)
- Understand the people aspects of security and enjoy collaborating with others to build secure things
- Contributions to the security community (e.g., research, CVEs, bug bounties, open source projects)
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.