Security Engineer (2019 New Graduate)
Our security team embodies a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. Each role is not limited to the responsibilities outlined; we collaborate and draw on shared team experiences whenever possible in order to strengthen our security posture across the board. Although we are a hyper growth company, we still operate with a small team mindset and work in cross-functional capacities. The Security team and the entire organization share a common purpose and goal: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business because we care about our patients and their quality of life.
As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will be part of a larger Security organization that works to keep our patient data secure. We create attack-driven defenses, not just compliance checkboxes. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results and not just debate, in fact we are often architects, designers, and engineers, not just advisors. We build credibility through action and results.
As a Security Engineer you will:
- Architect and build tooling to support all aspects of the Security team.
- Work with the rest of the team to identify gaps in current capabilities and work to close them.
- Build, configure, and maintain incredible platforms that introduce automation into existing workflows.
- Learn a ton about all the different paths in security.
- Grow like crazy alongside skilled mentors!
- Have a strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of software engineering, security engineering, and computer and network security.
- Have had relevant internships or work experience.
- Have built cool personal projects (show us your Github!).
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented.