We are seeking a customer-focused Quality Assurance Engineer to work closely with our Product and Engineering teams.
A little bit about us
The PP Engineering team is a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists that are charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but fearless approach to technology. Above all, we care about our craft.
As a member of the QA team you will be embedded in one or two feature teams and you will ensure each new feature is flawlessly integrated to our site while existing features continue to work seamlessly.
- Create and maintain test plans for feature releases.
- Manually execute test plans, with a view to automating them in the mid-term future.
- Vet the readiness of features for production via feature testing and regression-testing other areas of the site.
- Write clear and thorough bug tickets for the development team.
- Work with Product Designers to identify testing criteria for new designs.
- Assist Product Managers and Engineers in creating acceptance criteria for stories.
- Work closely with the team to incorporate solutions for user-facing bugs and usability issues into sprint planning.
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies of the teams in which you are embedded.
- 2+ years in a QA role at a consumer-facing internet company, including QA of iOS application.
- Working knowledge of Jira or a similar tracking and management tool.
- Working knowledge of GitHub or a similar version control tool.
- Hands-on knowledge of a modern programming language.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment or enthusiasm to get started in one and basic knowledge of the process.
- Ability to execute seamlessly within changing priorities.
- Superb communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Selenium or another automation framework.
- Computer science background.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 70 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!