Working alongside our engineering team, you will be working with a cross-functional team building full stack projects. As one of the early engineering hires, you will grow with the team and help define how we approach testing and quality assurance on mostly React or React Native and Node.js based greenfield projects. Some of these projects are customer-facing, some are internal-facing logistics tools powering Knotel.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with our engineering team to ensure what they build has adequate QA and test coverage
- Help define what a proper QA process looks like to minimize shipped bugs
- Stay on the cutting edge of the QA world, being up to date on frameworks and technologies as needed
- Push our full stack engineers to write solid, well-tested code, in some cases helping them rethink how they’ve approached certain problems and reworking for better testability
- Be involved in the product development process, thinking from the start of a project how to ensure it’s adequately tested
- Write test cases yourself and come up with testing plans for new projects
Current tech stack
Node.js, React, React Native (both iOS and Android), GraphQL, Storybook, Next.js, TypeScript, Fabric, Postgres, Contentful, MongoDB, Snowflake, Looker, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and everything we host ourselves is running on AWS
Who you are
You're an experienced QA Engineer. You love staying up to date on the state of the art in the full stack world and have worked with engineering teams to define QA and release plans. You're well versed in the current best practices in QA, and you can teach yourself anything you don't already know in order to do your job.
It'd be phenomenal if you also have the following:
- A real passion for solving undefined problems and being involved in the product development process
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Written automated tests for React components
- Worked with CI/CD pipelines to reduce time between committing code and deployment and to automate test runs
- Crafted automated testing, QA, and release plans for companies that had none or minimal cohesive QA strategies
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.