About Redesign Health
Redesign is a venture studio committed to tackling contemporary issues in healthcare. Working as a catalyst, Redesign develops and funds businesses focused on improving the quality and accessibility of modern healthcare solutions. Our core team consists of operators and investors with a track record of building multi-billion dollar businesses in the technology and healthcare sectors. Our long-term goal is to democratize access to innovative medical technologies and facilitate customers’ interactions with the healthcare system. We fund ventures with a $70mm+ permanent capital base raised from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs. Our first companies include Candid Co. and Lively.
More about the role
Redesign is launching a men's health business looking for a Back-end Engineering Lead to join the initial stages of a DTC vertically integrated healthcare company leveraging modern technology practices to enhance the patient experience. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company and work closely with the founding team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a seamless customer experience and is able to drive and execute end-to-end web based customer journeys. You will plan, architect, build and own our main our backend/microservices using Python, SQLAlchemy, Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and AWS. You will partner with the CPO to bring customer touchpoints to life and will be responsible for the technical execution of back-end projects through hands-on development and prototyping. In other words, you will bridge the gap between our customer data and technical implementation to create a user-friendly environment. This position reports directly to the CPO.
- Develop new server-side features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility and scalability of data projects
- Architect a future looking code-base that can be adapted as the team grows
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Experience with Python, SqlAlchemy, and Flask in a production environment
- Deep understanding of the "behind-the-scenes" of Python how to run scalable web applications
- Deep understanding of core modern web service concepts such as API design and data modelling
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and languages such as Java, .Net or C/C++.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in GraphQL
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment.