Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Mid/Sr Full Stack Product Engineers to join our growing team. You have experience building web or backend applications and a passion for owning architectural decisions. You have the ability to adapt quickly and a desire to learn about all functions of the business, from shoe design to web design. You are not satisfied getting a work handover from product. Instead you are motivated by trying to figure out how the work you are creating will impact users. You are a product engineer that will deliver an end result that will delight users.
Your work will have a great impact on the brand, marketing, finance, supply chain, and the customer’s experience. This is a remarkable opportunity to help shape the engineering team and our growing brand.
- Take pride in doing good work and you approach your work as craft
- Be a team player and will look for ways to improve team's output in addition to your own
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process. Planning, programming, testing, deploying and maintenance
- This is a full stack position so you’ll likely be working on different parts of the system; back-end and front-end
- You’ll work cross functionally with our Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance and other teams to make sure we’re building functional, delightful experiences for our customers
- Proficiency in at-least one programming language
- Used cloud technologies such as AWS or GCS
- Can build solutions from scratch
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family
Nice to have
- Worked at one or more eCommerce companies
- Experience working with Shopify