Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this Position:
As a member of Foursquare’s platform engineering team, you would design and maintain a stable and performant software ecosystem. We design and maintain the systems that connect and deliver software.
Our priority is the velocity of our engineering department. You would pursue stability and performance gains throughout the entire stack so Foursquare can continue to innovate both quickly and confidently.
We use a variety of tools, technologies, and languages to build software (Scala, Python,Thrift, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark) and welcome experience with them or their equivalents.
Join us and help bring our ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality. Here are some high-level areas you could help within our NY or SF office:
- Build out our cloud infrastructure, including a move to Kubernetes
- Identify innovation from the open source community and integrate it into our stack.
- Build resilient services and tooling which drive all of our offline processing.
- Isolate and decouple the nodes of our server architecture, to parallelize innovation and increase security
- 2+ years of proven experience building software
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design
- Comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup environment
- Gracious and/or tactful when the team posts pictures of our pets
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.