Market Quality Associate
Market Quality at IEX is responsible for actively monitoring the market for potentially manipulative activity, conducting market microstructure research on trends in execution quality, and educating our customers and the wider public via white papers, blog posts, and conference presentations.
In the Market Quality Associate role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and monitoring of surveillances to detect potentially manipulative trading activity on IEX. You're not afraid to dive deep into data to find the truth. You are creative and curious, and you believe in a rigorous empirical approach to solving problems. You have strong communication skills and you pay attention to the details.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with little direction
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to building fairer and more transparent markets
What you'll do:
- Monitor trading activity on IEX and investigate suspicious activity
- Conduct research on market-wide trends in execution quality
- Design and maintain reports for the detection of potentially manipulative trading activity
- Calibrate and test surveillance alert parameters
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field (PhD preferred)
- Familiarity with programming languages and tools for data analysis (e.g., Python, Matlab, R, SQL)
- Experience working with large data sets or time series data
- Familiarity with financial markets and regulation is helpful
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.