Machine Learning Engineer
We’re looking for a Machine Learning engineer with practical experience writing production-quality code to join our growing team, working to address the challenge of understanding how differing messaging-based interactions between therapists and patients lead to differing behavioral health outcomes. The person filling this role will join a team of data scientists responsible for analyzing all aspects of Talkspace’s data to understand customer engagement, therapist quality of service, and clinical outcomes and develop data-driven product features that aim to continually improve behavioral health outcomes.
Who you are
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are passionate about data and can communicate effectively with both data scientists, product managers, other engineers, and clinicians to discuss requirements, design, and expectations.
- You are excited about learning new tools/approaches that aren’t already a part of your toolkit.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You care more about getting things done than dabbling with complicated techniques that add minimal additional value.
What you’ll do
Work with subject matter experts, product managers, data scientists and software engineers to design and develop new algorithms and services to assist therapists working on the Talkspace platform in providing more effective and efficient therapy.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science or an Engineering-related discipline
- 2+ years of work experience developing and deploying production-quality code
- Fluent in Python scripting, strong working knowledge of SQL
- Foundational knowledge of commonly used machine learning techniques, such as cluster analysis, classification methods, and linear and nonlinear regression modeling
- Experience developing applications using Natural Language Processing techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Hands-on experience building deep learning models on text corpora, preferably using PyTorch and Tensor Flow
- Experience building machine learning models in the healthcare domain
- Experience using AWS infrastructure and tools for machine learning
- Experience with other back-end software engineering frameworks
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.