Lead Security Engineer
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
While we develop technology used to create these tight-knit communities, we also understand our responsibility to protect them to the best of our ability. We are looking to add a Lead Security Engineer to our team. You will help ensure that Meetup users, employees, and partners are safe while using our platform. This will be done via a tight partnership with our engineering organization to ensure we build security and privacy in from the start of all feature development and address issues together as they arise.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have knowledge of modern development and deployment processes used by consumer technology organizations
- Solid understanding of web and mobile software development
- Solid experience with web and mobile application pentesting
- Experience reviewing source code (React/Redux, NodeJS, Java and Scala)
- Solid experience using a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Solid understanding of Linux architecture and security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
Expected roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform application security architecture reviews
- Perform penetration tests and code reviews of Meetup applications
- Champion secure development practices to software engineers
- Work with application teams to perform threat models for their features
- Validate and triage vulnerabilities submitted by researchers from our bug bounty program
- Prioritize and track vulnerability remediation with development teams
Learn more about Meetup’s engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?