Lead QA Automation Engineer
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Teams at Work & Co are small and highly senior. The Lead QA Engineer will work alongside company partners and the top designers and technologists in the industry to deliver quality products for category-defining clients. A Lead QA Engineer at Work & Co builds end-to-end test automation strategies for Work & Co clients, while also leading small teams of QA engineers. Leads help review project team structures, develop the overall automation process, and assist in choosing the tools to ensure that the goals of the product are met. They provide mentorship for more junior QA Engineers, as well as QA Analysts seeking to develop their automation skill-sets.
In addition to working directly on projects, a Lead QA Engineer will also collaborate with Technology Leadership and Product Managers to define and execute a roadmap for how QA Automation will scale at Work & Co. Working with the larger technology team, this person will help us evolve our quality philosophy as a whole, and how it impacts the digital products we launch.
What You Can Expect to Do
- Lead automation efforts that facilitate testing high quality web and mobile app products
- Analyze business requirements, design documentation, and technical specifications to develop Automation plans. Create QA documentation - test sets, test cases etc - that ensure full implementation of all automation requirements
- Build, run, and analyze the results of automated end-to-end and smoke tests
- Collaborate with Developers & DevOps to support unit testing efforts
- Support QA leadership to develop the company-wide automation approach: Establishing the practices, processes, and tools to be used within project teams and iterate to refine. Help educate teams on the value of QA Automation
- Assist clients with their automation process, and provide clients with automation artifacts at handoff to support this transition
- Be involved in the recruiting, training, mentoring, and resourcing of QA Engineers to the correct projects
What We’re After
- Proven experience testing highly interactive web and mobile applications in an agency/start up environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams of QA Automation Engineers
- Experience building automation capability in a previous role
- Prior experience collaborating with Product Managers, Developers and other QA team members to define how best to integrate automation into existing processes
- Hands-on experience working with diverse client environments in order to successfully handover automation artifacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - a demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and solutions in a clear and simple manner to a variety of stakeholders.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.