Lead Backend Engineer
Lead Backend Engineer
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
It is time to grow our team!
Working at Clear Street gives you a phenomenal opportunity to join our dynamic team of open-minded, forward-looking technologists and savvy veteran business operators. We value ingenuity, passion, and elegant simplicity. Our goal is to build a team of individuals who are as excited about our tech and revolutionary goals as we are.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will lead a passionate and collaborative team of engineers that are building a highly distributed system. You will skillfully architect, design, and lead the team to get new features and services into production - choosing technologies with the full knowledge that these decisions matter. You can dive deep into our cloud infrastructure and help lead the adoption of our DevOps culture.
We all code. We all constantly explore new frameworks and languages and push each other to find optimal solutions to our problems. You’re thrilled to share this mindset of exploration and drive to build clean software with the team.
Be motivated. Be curious. Be ambitious. Be part of the Clear Street team!
Lead Backend Engineer Characteristics:
- You lead small teams that deliver and maintain service-oriented architectures. Here, you’ll mostly be learning and using Golang (GO)
- Borne from your experience building distributed systems from the ground up, you’ve become mindful of how systems scale and it shows in your architecture, design, and tooling decisions
- You enjoy nurturing and mentoring your team. You invest yourself in their collective growth
- Ideally, you have experience with enterprise messaging through Kafka
- You've deployed services on Amazon AWS, Goolge GCP, or Azure
- You built a solid foundation in Computer Science
- You possess a drive to improve processes, learn from past experiences, and innovate
- The opportunity to join a small and growing exceptional team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CD/CI methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks