Lead Application Security Engineer
The security team at Peloton has oversight into the security practices of the entire organization, instantiating security policies and best practices, as well as automation of these policies/practices where possible. We are looking for a Lead App Sec Engineer to join our growing team to work across disparate teams to ensure the security across our products and services.
In this role, you will work with the security team to protect our applications and systems in our web and mobile application portfolio from attacks. Because you are comfortable in a coding environment, you will be able to identify risks in code, applications, software architecture, and internal development processes. You are comfortable implementing patches but also able to work with engineering groups to lead resolutions to assessments and vulnerabilities. You will also provide guidance on relevant application security industry standards and practices in the process.
- Ability to think like a hacker and identify risks in code, applications, software architecture, and internal development processes
- Passion for conducting security assessments and designing reviews on web or mobile applications
- Experience with pentesting, vulnerability scanning, bounty hunting programs
- Comfortable with being the ambassador to multiple engineering stakeholders to evangelize security
- Experience providing guidance on relevant application security industry standards and practices
- Contributions to security community (published work, blog site, presence on Stackoverflow, Dev Post…)
- Have built security tools
- Have Github project(s) and open source contributions
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before
- Have Continuous Integration And Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience in an Agile Environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.