Full Stack Engineer
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Role:
As a Full Stack Engineer on our Consumer Engineering team, you are someone who prioritizes creativity and user experience alongside great code and curiosity. Your opinions on architecture and design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases, but you’re still always open to learning more and working with a team to try new approaches and iterations on your features and products. Our full stack engineers can be found working on everything from website features that improve the experience of our customers to UIs in the systems used by our customer support teams.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with designers and other teams to refine product features and brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need