Full-Stack Engineer, OTT
Vimeo OTT is forming a new team to redefine viewer experience. As the initial engineer, you will have the opportunity to break new ground, building agile workflows and engineering practices. Your goal on this product-focused team will be to develop the best possible experience across wide and varied platforms.
We are looking for full-stack engineers who are product-driven and have a deep understanding of high quality interfaces and use-cases. As the first engineer on a newly-formed team, ideal candidates will have built solid user experiences around video playback, coded client-side and server-side applications, and are familiar with OTT development. Candidates should also be detail-oriented and ready to collaborate enthusiastically within an agile team.
What you'll do:
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Aim towards goals, such as increasing viewer retention.
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others.
- Experiment and discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best possible experience.
- Coordinate with application, API, and product teams effectively.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years building full-stack solutions.
- Good understanding of modern Ruby development.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with video technology.
- Can program rich viewer experiences.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Vimeo OTT platform provides an end-to-end solution for individual creators, niche programmers, and major media partners to build and distribute premium over-the-top (OTT) video channels (think Netflix in-a-box!). With over five hundred subscription channels with over 150 apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku, Vimeo OTT focuses on the core technology while our sellers focus on what they do best: making content. We are building a platform that is powerful and customizable enough to serve as the backbone to all premium video networks across the globe.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.