Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is a Frontend Engineer important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our technology team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to complete tasks of moderate complexity. S/he understands the business that their code supports and works to identify risks (in code, features, and design) and communicate these to the appropriate parties. If you’re up for the challenge of helping us transform the 3D printing industry, then this role is for you!
As a Frontend Engineer you will:
- Design and develop user interfaces to support our Product team
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes
- Participate in code reviews and write automated tests
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (SASS)
- Prior experience with JS frameworks like Vue, React, Ember, etc.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc.
- Comfortable working with, and helping to modernize, a legacy codebase
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of Linux/UNIX systems
- Good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with style guides and design systems
- Prior experience implementing an A/B testing solution like Google Optimize or Optimizely X
- Working knowledge of Node and isomorphic web applications
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.