WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Frontend Engineer will work on all web properties at Resy. You’ll be working closely with product, bizdev, and marketing to create specs and build products to help us meet our goals. You’ll be an important part of our small but growing team and have the opportunity to work on projects that are vital to our business.
Web properties include resy.com, os.resy.com, restaurant analytics, internal facing admin tools, and an embeddable booking widget used on restaurants' websites such as Lilia (NYC), Alter (MIA), The Dabney (DC), Animal (LA), and Petit Crenn (SF). Tens of thousands of users a day are looking for reservations on the web through Resy. Restaurants rely on us to run their businesses. Help us build the new restaurant experience.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You want to make websites that are beautiful, fast, and work on every screen. As such, you code responsive and mobile first. You work closely with designers and are comfortable in Sketch or Photoshop grabbing assets you need out of mockups and optimizing for use on the web.
- You have experience working on websites that have high traffic and need to be highly scalable. You care about performance and take great satisfaction in getting every bit of speed out of the frontend that you can.
- You are an avid learner. You enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tech. But you also know how to evaluate different solutions and make choices about what best fits our needs and when is the right time for us to start using something new.
- You have worked on an e-commerce or other highly transactional site. You're used to working with large data models for things like products and complex interactions with APIs to manage transactions.
- You are capable of working both collaboratively and independently. You enjoy working with others to find the best solution. But you can also take a rough direction and fill in the details yourself.
- You care. You care about the work you’re doing. You care about code quality. You care about what we're all working together to accomplish.
- You have experience with the following:
- React and Redux or strong experience in similar frameworks (e.g. Angular and ngrx)
- Unit Testing: we use Jasmine and Jest
- Webpack or other frontend build system
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.