Frontend and Templates Engineer
BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple and integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website and digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for a Frontend Software Engineer focused on templates to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our templates are behind every single restaurant website you see on BentoBox. Each template currently powers over one thousand websites from a single codebase, and this number will continue to grow. They are built on top of the Jinja2 templating language and use Sass for styles.
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to continuously improve and optimize our templates and release new platform features.
- Contribute clean, clear, high quality production code
- Plan out and design the right level of customizations, abstractions, and user/designer control for our templates
- Work to always improve SEO, page load times and accessibility of templates.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of experience writing production code
- Expert at HTML and CSS. You can write robust, well organized html and css that works across browsers and devices. You understand different browser quirks and css pitfalls.
- Some UX, UI, and design abilities
- Some level of experience with ADA and accessibility is beneficial
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.
Please share with us why you’re interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples you’d like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- If moved forward to the next round, candidates will be invited to our office to meet with our CTO and Lead Front-End Engineer.
- Next, qualified candidates will be sent a coding assignment to be completed at home.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer.