Front-end Engineer: Developer Workflows
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building products that you and your peers will love.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who shares our passion for making complex applications appear simple and exciting for our customers. We’ll give you the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our product, development experience, and team better. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers across the stack to make ideas a reality.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building a rich front-end UIs for our users. (React.js / Vue.js)
- Building new, efficient, and scalable front-end applications that will interface heavily with internal APIs.
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Empathy for users and an excitement about building products that thousands of customers will use.
- Ability to build rich UIs based on challenging visual designs and morphing visual states.
- Terrific attention to fine details of user experience (CSS animations, etc).
- Experience building apps composed of independent components.
- Experience building apps with distinct data / layout separation and clean data / events flow (ex: Redux / Vuex / Apollo / GraphQL).
- Experience building single-page apps at scale.
- Nice to haves:
- Some backend or full-stack experience.
- Passion for web performance, and building mobile friendly webapps.
- This role will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!