Quovo is a data platform providing insights and connectivity for millions of financial accounts across thousands of institutions. Today, hundreds of platforms and millions of end-users rely on Quovo's technology for account aggregation, bank authentication, and ongoing insights to build better financial futures.
Quovo is looking to hire two senior Engineering Managers to help lead the direction of our technology teams. The Engineering Manager will sit above either the application (frontend) team or our API (full-stack/backend) team depending on your area of expertise. Both teams have ~4 engineers currently and are actively hiring. You will take a “player coach” leadership role in planning and managing development efforts, tracking sprint progress, reviewing code, and building a team of all-star engineers. In addition, you will collaborate with other senior members of the technology team on architecture and code deployment projects, ensuring that our applications are built and deployed successfully in production. Along with the current managers for our Data Science, DevOps, and Web Crawling teams, these two roles will round out our Engineering leadership team.
- Manage a growing team of engineers focused on the application or API components of Quovo’s platform
- Manage engineering projects with other developers, helping select architecture, overall coding approach, review output, and monitor timelines
- Actively participate in designing and reviewing elements of the code base
- Collaborate with the developers and senior technology leadership on broad changes to coding practices, important code libraries, and architecture decisions
- Mentor and train junior developers and maintain strong team dynamics.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of engineering experience in a professional environment. Startup experience is highly preferred.
- 2+ years managing other developers or in a strong “lead” engineering role
- Experience with elements of the Quovo tech stack (Python or React.js most broadly)
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.