Engineering Manager - Web Acquisition
As a Web Acquisition Engineering Manager, you will be primarily focused on managing a group of frontend/UI engineers working to craft elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive and user-friendly interfaces and report to the Director, Acquisition Engineering.
- Staff and lead a frontend web engineering team responsible for the architecture and performance of our web applications.
- Motivate, lead, coach, and mentor frontend software engineers.
- Drive technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant web applications.
- Improve processes and collaboration within the team and across groups.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives
- Manage technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Establish a relationship with business stakeholders.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your team and impact on acquisition metrics.
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Be able to get your hands dirty and contribute to the codebase.
- 8+ years of software development experience in frontend development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed applications commercially into production.
- 4+ years of leadership experience in technology management.
- Embraces an agile mindset and familiar with lean UX
- Deep knowledge of user experience and interaction design.
- Familiarity with a11y practices and/or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.