Engineering Manager, Video Analytics
Vimeo's platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching- giving insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As an Engineering Manager of the Video Analytics team, you'll use your background to manage a team responsible for creating tools for our real-time video analytics and logging infrastructure. This team will work alongside our API and application engineering teams in the implementation, maintenance, and evolution of newer data-rich stats products for Vimeo users.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything your team produces
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Develop and implement processes for building better teams, and become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new stats features
- Define accurate and performant database schemas; Build the SQL queries and caching strategy to interface with the real-time video analytics back-end.
- Maintain and improve the stats infrastructure through configuration optimizations, monitoring dashboards, health checks, alerting, and remediation automation
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in Java or Scala and at least one other backend programming language (Go, C++, Python, etc.)
- Experience with any distributed map/reduce framework, in Hadoop or otherwise
- Experience with large clustered data stores (HBase, Cassandra, CockroachDB, CouchDB, Redis, etc.)
- Proficiency in data modeling techniques and SQL programming
- Some experience with serialization and building RPC Services (Avro, Thrift, Msgpack, Protocol Buffers)
- Solid CS experience with algorithms and data structures, application of complexity theory
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed) :
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Flink, Spanner, BigTable
- Front-end experience using React / PHP
- Familiarity with concurrent programming techniques and multithreaded architectures,
- Experience in real time analytics (*Huge Plus!)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com