Engineering Manager, Salesforce
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ counties, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
WeWork is experiencing rapid growth, specifically in our enterprise business, and we are looking to make a key hire on our Technology team. As an Engineering Manager, Sales Technology, you’ll be the technical owner of WeWork’s SFDC implementations and how our system connects to internal and 3rd party systems. With the acquisition of new enterprise customers, our SFDC interface needs to be more flexible to support new teams and products.
This requires the ability to develop and support applications using Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Visual Force, the Force.com platform and more, while also managing a team of on-site and remote developers..
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager overseeing SFDC application development (Apex, Force.com)
- 5+ years of experience as a SFDC application developer
- Experience building and managing large on-site & remote engineering teams (hiring, handling promotions, building teams and process)
- Well versed with a modern web application tech stack (Ruby/Python/Java/PHP). Willing to code and engage with engineers at the architecture and design level.
- Working in Agile environments and experience driving SLDC/quality/release elements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- SFDC developer certification
- DevOps/Infrastructure expertise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.