Engineering Manager, BI Engineering
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and even track where in a video someone stopped watching—giving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As Manager of the BI Engineering team, you will create infrastructure and services that provide access to event streams. You will work with our business teams as well as other engineering teams to help define data access and discoverability requirements and implement systems to satisfy these requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and grow a team of BI Developers that is responsible for creating best of breed reporting and for delivering innovative and insightful BI solutions to the organization.
- Enforce time management among the BI team to promote efficiency and timely completion of activities and requests.
- Work closely with the Data team and Product Owners to build a vision and execute a strategy for successful adoption of our Business Intelligence platforms across the Enterprise.
- Interface with other operational and cross-functional teams (BI/ETL/Core Data) to ensure that the most efficient solution is designed in order to meet business goals.
- Evangelize and provide both support and training to all user levels and analysts in order to drive maximum value and adoption.
- Design, facilitate and manage a ‘self-service’ BI platform to provide fast, agile, and secure access to various projects.
- Create secure and performant data sources to support accurate and quick data insight.
- Ensure analytical solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Define and apply best practices using agile development methodologies for development, documentation, and compliance.
- Manage and interpret large quantities of data in order to provide evaluations and recommendations of various BI tools
- 5+ years’ experience in business intelligence application development or database development (eg: Snowflake, Big Query etc.)
- 4+ years’ experience with Relational databases and SQL experience
- Familiarity with Airflow or any other Open Source Data Pipeline
- Ability to lead, coach and develop the growth and development of the team members.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential property and corporate information.
- In-depth analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Must have the capability to learn other platforms as they are adopted by the company.
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.