Director, Application Security Engineering
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As Collibra's first Application Security Engineer, and leader of the Appsec program, you'll play a critical role in exhibiting Collibra's commitment to excellence when it comes to the security and privacy of our platform and applications. Additionally, as a hands-on technical leader, you'll build and lead an application security engineering team from the front, which will require deep technical expertise, excellent knowledge of modern development, languages, and cloud platforms, and have a history of successfully launching security initiatives for software security at scale.
A day in the life of Collibra's AppSec leader:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer and will be responsible for a number of tasks, including:
- Providing engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions
- Inserting and directing the integration of secure development standards, tools, and processes into the development lifecycle
- Directing the development and maintenance of application security standards and guidelines
- Leading engineering for preventative solutions to solve application security issues at their root
- Build and scale a strong team of security engineers who perform code and design reviews and develop security training and education for our engineering teams
- Creating, operating and scaling code vulnerability and Bug Bounty programs, and interacting directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Building and defining the process for the automation and remediation of discovered code security issues and threat modeling frameworks
- Partner with our application and platform development teams to set the bar and course for secure development practices for years to come, striving for continuous improvement
- Ensure that identified issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame
- 10+ years experience in Security Engineering; 3 years experience in managing engineers
- Proven track record of collaborating with and influencing engineering leaders to implement App Security Strategy at a cloud-native company
- Build automation to detect and fix security issues in code
- Designed SLAs and delivering high-impact teams that are both accountable and results-oriented
- Encourage developers through tailored training to ensure best secure coding practices
- Experience in a highly scalable SOA with strong knowledge of AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Heruoku and Git.
- A curiosity on how things are built, and even more curiosity on how they're broken
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package