The Engineering team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to help us build software to support all of our e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing.
You are a talented engineer and architect passionate about DevOps with experience working on large-scale applications. You work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems. You “push coders not just code” on the best practices of operations, helping bring everyone closer to their systems and customers. You are a strong leader and mentor and have experience working across a company along with external partners. You are able to achieve alignment around decisions of broad scope across the organization.
- Effectively contribute features to existing cloud and virtualization infrastructure and identify, evaluate, and implement improvements to virtualization/container/cloud tooling and technologies
- Work with a team of engineers to deliver monitoring and infrastructure automation successfully
- Create exemplars, frameworks, standards, guidebooks, or other tooling that enhances the ability of all members of a team, organization, or domain to work consistently whether working as a team or autonomously
- Troubleshoot production issues and mentor engineers on troubleshooting strategies, performance bottlenecks, and performance tuning
- Promote engineering best practices.
- Deliver well-tailored and helpful communication to audiences within engineering, outside engineering, and external to the company
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Help troubleshoot and resolve issues in our environments
- Develop and provide engineering training covering infrastructure related systems and services such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Terraform, AWS, Docker, as well as CI/CD-related tooling
- Assist engineers in supporting the aforementioned infrastructure related systems and services
- Create or assist engineers with creating CloudFormation templates, Terraform modules, Helm charts, and Dockerfiles
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 6 years of experience in software engineering
- Strong infrastructure architecture and design skills
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring, logging and alerting systems
- Strong foundation in the public cloud, in particular with AWS
- Great communication skills
At Harry’s Tech, we are building a cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. In 2013, we launched Harry’s - a successful men’s grooming and men’s care brand. In 2018, we launched Flamingo - we thought it was time we got some honestly good products for over a million women that were already using our products. We focus on quality craftsmanship, simple design and modern convenience and now we have over 3 million customers worldwide.
With our most recent round of financing ($112 million), we are developing brands beyond men’s and women’s care. The technology required to enable our goals is more sophisticated than first meets the eye. If you are a driven, talented engineer, come join us and help build the platform that will enable our new vision.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.