Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking for a DevOps engineer. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for building, automating, reducing cost, and improving the reliability of the platform that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we hit our company targets, and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large.
We are looking for someone
- With 3-5 years working on cloud infrastructure supporting production services
- Has extensive networking experience and understanding of network protocols, DNS, and load balancing
- Experience with Docker, and other container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- With proficiency writing automation scripts with Bash, Ruby or Python, etc.
- Has experience setting up monitoring and alerting on cloud-based services
- With knowledge of cloud-based security concepts and tools
- Experience working in Linux based systems
- Has worked with the configuration as code frameworks such as CloudFormation, Chef, puppet etc.
- Has worked with storage systems such as Postgres, Memcache, and Redis
- Has the motivation and skill to quickly diagnose and remedy production issues
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple teams and functions
- Values working as part of a diverse team and supporting other team members when needed
What will you be doing
- Writing automating scripts to build, deploy, and monitor production services
- Improving our cloud-based security and networking protocols
- Scaling our storage solutions to be faster and more efficient
Nice to have
- Some experience maintaining a production rails application
- Experience migrating from a monolith to a microservices architecture
- Been an application engineer using a systems language like Ruby or Python
- Worked with Kafka or other message broker
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description