At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
White Ops is attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place.
WhiteOps believes it is critical to our success to be able to excel at balancing speed to market and code/infrastructure stability. We are looking for a strong, hands on Lead DevOps engineer to establish and build best practices in build and QA automation.
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
- Experience in establishing and delivering automation best practices for build automation and QA
- Cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Passion for frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience with fast and scalable distributed systems in a cloud environment is a must. Examples include: Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra, Parquet, Kudu, or HBase
- Strong experience in any programming language
- Experience working with messaging frameworks such as Kafka or Kinesis preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.