Core Platform Engineer
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
The Core Platform team builds and operates internal services that support end-user application features and integrations with external systems. We own the entirety of our services, from conception to implementation to production support.
We pride ourselves on understanding our product use cases and delivering simple and impactful solutions to drive our business and outcomes for patients.
- Developing APIs and services to allow flexible and scalable interactions across all Quartet products and services.
- Partnering with Data Scientists to build recommendation services which identify and match patients to the right care pathways.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to build robust ingestion and enrichment pipelines.
- Experience working on backend systems in a major programming language, including common frameworks. We use Java and Spring Boot, but are open to experience in others like Django, Ruby on Rails, Flask, Dropwizard, etc.
- Experience building and operating web services and APIs, and hands on work with relational database modeling. We use PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with ORMs and understanding where they’re good and bad. Able to hand roll SQL queries where needed.
- Experience managing infrastructure with a major cloud provider. We use HIPAA compliant AWS services.
- Experience with container technologies. We use Docker and are very interested in cloud native architecture patterns
- Experience acting as an on-call support engineer. We support what we build and use PagerDuty, CloudWatch, NewRelic, and ELK tools to help us know when things go wrong.
- Healthcare industry experience. We’re very interested in FHIR and the emerging advancements in the interoperability space.
- Experience with using third party APIs. We use Twilio and Google Maps amongst others.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.