Associate Quality Assurance Manager
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
We are seeking a detail oriented Associate QA Manager with 3+ years experience to help us rigorously test our mobile and web applications. In this role, you will work to identify bugs and roadblocks that help to ensure our applications and services are working as intended.
You are the ideal candidate if you are meticulous, patient, organized and an excellent communicator. You’ll be working closely with product managers, designers, developers, and our customer service team, to help us ensure that we are building and deploying bug-free, best-in-class experiences that delight our users.
Why this role is important to us:
Shapeways is popularizing bleeding edge 3D Printing technology and bringing the power of product creation to everyone via the applications and services we develop. Making sure that our software behaves as expected is critical to ensuring a great user experience and achieving greater efficiency in running our business. Software that behaves perfectly is software that makes our customers trust Shapeways with their order fulfillment.
As an Associate QA Manager you will:
- Champion the user experience, putting yourself in the shoes of different users and system environments to make sure our applications work well for them
- Liaison with both our product/development teams and customer service teams as part of your regular interactions
- Build detailed testing plans, and work through them expeditiously, but without skipping over any details
- Capture and communicate unexpected behaviors to our engineering teams via collaborative bug tracking tools, in ways that are easily understood and quickly replicable
- Be somewhat familiar with key industry bug tracking tools, including Trello, Jira and/or Pivotal Tracker
- Work well with others as part of a larger cross-functional team, and independently in your specific day-to-day role
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 3+ years of testing and troubleshooting applications and services, or related responsibilities in a product management/customer service role
- Seriously organized, patient and meticulous personality
- Obsessive eye for detail
- Comprehension of both the letter and spirit of the product specifications in determining unintended behaviors
- Excellent communicator; both written and spoken
- Capable of working with collaborative bug tracking tools
- Completely tech savvy. The ideal candidate spends a good portion of their life in various major consumer-facing apps and understands the common best practice user experiences they all share
- Some background in software development, especially familiarity with Python.
- Ability to also write automated tests is a HUGE bonus.
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for…
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching- Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave- Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off- PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours- Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing- Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.