WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is helping change the way we buy, sell and consume advertising as one of the leaders in the programmatic industry. Since the programmatic industry is young, you will directly contribute to a new experience that translates the massive power of our technology into simple and elegant workflows for ad agency partners and advertisers. Our industry is complicated, but we don’t believe our platform should be.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who are paving the way to create a more user-centered platform. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone, and we’re incredibly fortunate to sit next to people who use the platform on a daily basis.
As a UX/UI Designer at The Trade Desk, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing platform used by thousands of people across the globe. You will be important not just to the UX team but to the company as a whole.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a UX/UI Designer:
- You can translate problems and new concepts into intuitive and clean UIs.
- You understand the value of design patterns, and can help build and maintain a cohesive visual language
- You can quickly and thoroughly create wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes. While you need to be speedy, you are a deliberate designer. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops for iterations, and can deliver designs on time
- You will work with engineers to understand how your designs impact development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately
- As a lifelong learner, you keep up with technology and design trends, striving for our platform to be modern and innovative
- You are comfortable explaining your work and research findings to anyone, including executives
- You use research and best practices to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment
- You can effectively collaborate with other designers, engineers, product managers and business stakeholders, remotely and in person
- You gain insight through talking to users and strive to know the clients we are designing for
- You are a passionate advocate for the user, but know when to look beyond their requests to discover the true problem
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of relevant experience (experience in AdTech is a major plus)
- You have a proven track record of being an effective and creative problem solver
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong background in interaction and visual design (note, candidates without a portfolio will not be considered)
- Experience using industry standard design tools
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience
- Experience digging into data to inform and measure design is a plus
- Experience designing for enterprise software is a plus
- Experience designing in an Agile environment is a plus
- Development experience is a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.