UX Writer and Content Strategist
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About The Team:
The Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team is responsible for infusing the Rent the Runway brand and deep customer-centricity into the holistic user experience. As stewards of the brand mission to the Product, Engineering, and Design org, we ensure that the dynamism, emotion, and magic of our brand is fully realized within our customer product experience. Our team leads the development of a clear customer vision and “job to be done” for our product experiences, which is shaped by customer research and insights. We then help to deliver our products to the world in a way that fulfills the customer vision, drives forward the business, and brings our brand to life.
About The Job:
As our first dedicated Product/UX Writer, you will play a critical role in creating our product content strategy, influencing user experience, and driving the Rent the Runway brand voice through our digital experiences. In this position, you will be responsible for writing all in-product copy that touches our customer experience across web, mobile, email/push, and offline. More importantly, you will bring clarity, brand personality, and moments of delight into our customer product experience. You’ll partner with Research & Insights, Design, Product Management, and Product Marketing from initial brainstorms to the shipping of final products. Come help us tell our brand story, build innovative and delightful user experiences, and make our existing core experiences sing!
What You’ll Do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise product copy (e.g. in-product education, landing pages, notifications, purchase flows, emails and more). We’re talking everything from what our buttons say to how we market Rent the Runway as a whole.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, product managers, and engineers to create meaningful and human digital experiences
- Know the customer inside and out and show how your content recommendations fit with both customer and product goals
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Find smart ways to use data and customer research to evaluate and improve our product content strategy
- Contribute hypotheses for product copy A/B testing
- Design the conversational interaction between a product and its users that helps them engage, learn more, and foster loyalty
- Create and help maintain UX writing guidelines that are in line with Rent the Runway’s overall brand and voice, in partnership with the Brand & Editorial team
- You have at least 5 years experience (UX/UI writing and content strategy) writing clear and consistent product copy, with appropriate brand tone. You embrace brevity and simplicity, and have a sharp wit. You know when to be direct, and when it’s ok to have a little fun.
- You’re a storyteller, editor, and design thinker who knows your audience and can create compelling content that empowers and delights users
- You understand how copy and design work together, and how writing can influence the user experience
- You are passionate about brand expression and understand how to create authentic, emotional connections with people through powerful messaging and copy
- You are customer-obsessed and passionate about creating great user experiences — you anticipate user needs and always advocate for them
- You love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization and enjoy working hard. You take initiative and are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re a great cross-functional collaborator, able to give and get feedback from designers, product managers, and marketers at all levels
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.