As the Director of User Experience you will oversee UX Design, UX Research and UX Writing across our product design organization, including Presence, Commerce, Marketing & Analytics and Growth. In this role you will be responsible for setting and maintaining our high standards through critical deliverable feedback and mentorship, improving Squarespace’s products and ensuring our highly collaborative culture is at its best. You will be responsible for the hiring and training of new members of the team and working with partners across the product design organization on process and direction.
- Provide UX leadership across all of Squarespace products, including Presence, Commerce, Marketing & Analytics and Growth
- Manage the existing teams and their leaders, including developing them further, inspiring them to new heights and building them out to meet the needs of the product organization
- Build and set up UX Research team for success
- Partner with Creative Directors, Product Directors and stakeholders in supporting groups such as Business Insights and Customer Operations on process, organization and strategy
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality work from teams reporting to you
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in information architecture, user experience design, usability testing, accessibility, auditing and related skill sets
- Innate understanding of the creative process and its needs
- Track record of shipping successful products which stand out from the rest
- Exceptional design thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Expert collaborator across the disciplines of product management, design, writing, engineering and research
- Experience with publishing platforms, content management systems or complex creative tools and platforms
- Experience designing web and mobile apps
- Solid technical understanding, preferably familiar with current web and app development technologies
Your portfolio shows applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design and research through successful products. It contains wireframes, flows, prototypes and app or site maps etc. and displays the following.
- Work by you
- Work by a team you were directing
- Work by your team, which you had to redirect
- Any large scale platform thinking you can show
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.