User Experience Researcher
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join a growing creative team tasked with providing the best experience for our customers. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with UX designers, business analysts, and data strategists to answer the most challenging questions in designing our software platform.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal research contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
- Work autonomously with UX designers to synthesize complex product/design questions into actionable research plans
- Articulate and roll out those research plans in collaboration with UX designers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Present findings and recommendations for next steps -- whether they’re product/design decisions or further research
- Conduct qualitative user interviews and tests
- Conduct quantitative research to explain and validate findings
- Conduct competitive research and analysis, identify industry standards and trends
- Develop user profiles, personas, core user scenarios, and journey maps
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI, or related field (or similar college level education)
- 2+ years of professional experience in user research (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Experience in designing and conducting user research and informing product and design decisions with research outcomes
- Ability to wireframe and articulate design recommendations based on research outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of various research methods and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of quantitative research and analysis
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Ability to provide unbiased voice-of-the-customer feedback based on their research findings
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience with running surveys and user tests using UserTesting.com
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.