User Experience Design Director
Solstice is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation. We’re strategists, researchers, designers, and engineers hell-bent on changing the way the world does business.
We are looking for a User Experience Design Director to help lead and grow the design practice in our New York City office. You will be helping to define and enhance our clients’ digital experience and seamlessly support the interactions our clients’ users have within the digital ecosystem. You will also be helping to grow and continue to build the best UX team around.
About the role:
- Participate in the strategic planning process, providing user experience and design thought leadership for product development roadmaps
- Guide and mentor our user experience team to create engaging and memorable experiences, driving an environment of sharing and collaboration
- You will work collaboratively across our client teams including managing UX resource allocations and billable time requirements
- Will be accountable for the multi-channel experience we provide to our clients
- Work directly with Business partners to define customer needs and translate needs into an experience brief, develop design strategies in alignment with this brief, and represent design decisions to senior leadership team
- Provide thought leadership in the community through blogging, industry meetups, or other opportunities
What we are looking for in you:
- You have pragmatic, hands-on experience in the digital product experience space, and have a strong knowledge of all the emerging trends and technologies in the interactive space.
- You have a firm grasp of and a proven track record of human-centered design methods and design thinking practices.
- You are comfortable concepting from scratch or saving a client who has an existing application needing strategy around optimization and improvement.
- You have a keenly developed aesthetic sense, a good strategic mind and a practitioner’s background in design.
- You can lead while fostering a creative and collaborative environment that thrives on an exchange of ideas.
- Fluency in the practical aspects of concepting, design, development as it relates to User Experience
- Experience building and growing a highly talented team
- A background in interactive art direction, interface design or creative technology
- Strong writing, deck-creation, and presentation skills
- A fondness and track record of pitching and winning new business
- A genuine interest in client relationships and ability to communicate with executive audiences
- Hands-on experience designing interactive solutions for large companies with multiple channels
- Aptitude for managing large scale programs with multiple but interrelated design tracks
- A proven ability to lead high performing design teams with a track record of managing and grooming junior talent
- A killer portfolio with great examples of well-designed and innovative experiences