Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this position:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, and thoughtful UI Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you will support our corporate brand by creating and modifying materials for email and our corporate web properties. You’ll work closely with various stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, and Product, and help to communicate the value of our products and services through thoughtful visual storytelling and compelling design. You will play a major role in shaping the future visual identity of the Foursquare brand.
- Manage web design projects from concept through development
- Communicate creative vision with various stakeholders throughout stages of the design process - concept, sketches, user flows, prototypes.
- Build and advance site-wide style guides.
- Brainstorm closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product to bring to life various stakeholders goals.
- Drive creative vision and execution with quick turnarounds.
- Shape the visual identity of the brand through highly visible web properties and email channels.
- Create appropriate documentation for the task at hand, ranging from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups all the way through to final product.
- 4+ years web design experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work with various stakeholders to create wireframes and develop them into functional digital experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates thoughtful and well-executed visual design
- Strong design skills in layout and typography
- Proficiency building responsive web application
- Excellent communication skills and experience in highly collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Invision
- After Effects a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.