Sr. Product Designer
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
This position will entail brainstorming with product owners and designers on concept and design direction; conducting user research and usability studies; designing user experiences that are elegant and simple; prototyping flows, concepts, and interactions; collecting user feedback and successively iterating and solving UX challenges in unique and innovative ways; creating wireframes and UI skins for the desk top website; and creating and presenting proof of concept and designs for big-picture projects.
You will turn abstract concepts into useful, delightful product features. You will design holistic systems, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful. You will use data to make informed design decisions and to test /prove out your teams hypotheses.
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer
- Have strong experience with end-to-end (UX and UI) product design.
- Beyond thinking at a high level about visual design, demonstrate a solid understanding of functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Solid prototyping experience (Marvel, Framer, Principle, or similar platform)
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator with an open mind and a positive attitude!
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description