Sr Director Product Creative
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
About The Role
Discovery Digital is seeking an experienced Product Creative Designer responsible for delivering brand and creative campaigns, product marketing, and sales integrations across our product, platform, services, partners and channel experiences. As Product Creative you will design and deliver the creative and brand vision for our consumer facing products and platforms through fierce collaboration with stakeholders, networks and marketing teams. You will create unified and holistic campaigns that connect and resonate with consumers. The Product Creative reports directly to the Sr. Product Creative Designer to inspire members of your team and colleagues to develop and deliver award-winning product and brand experiences people love.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY and/or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Provide hands-on design to align creative vision, concepts, direction and deliverables.
2. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Work on cross-functional teams to deliver industry-leading campaigns across digital platforms.
4. Design & deliver large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
5. Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards for campaigns.
6. Deliver concepts that effectively communicate design directions.
7. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
8. Provide positive creative solutions to obstacles and challenges that may arise.
9. Maintain all Brand Language Systems, creative libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios & flows and experience documentation.
Extensive experience as Sr. Designer, Creative or Product Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
* BA Degree or higher in Visual Design, Product Design, User Interface and Interactive Design.
* Experience designing creative & brand campaigns for global product experiences.
* Experience with 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems.
* Working knowledge of Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
* Experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with on cross-functional teams.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and approach.
* Drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and track record to deliver.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range Brand, Creative, and Design Process is a MUST.
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.