Senior UX Researcher
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to help us discover, build, and validate our educator empowerment products. In this role, you will work with teams of Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and others to develop new features. Our research needs range from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. We are looking for a researcher generalist with broad skills in qualitative and quantitative concepts, as well as design research methods. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings.
Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
- Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Distill project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Design and conduct studies that provide valid customer insights to project teams and stakeholders; translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on design.
- Manage iterative activities through close alignment with design, development, and business.
- Advise partners and team members on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product design and development process.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written - and a willingness to advocate and escalate research insights.
- Manage your own process: Identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- 6+ years conducting and leading strategic user research projects.
- A track record of past research work experience, including project planning, execution, deliverables creation, and delivering findings with measurable business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in research discipline (e.g. psychology), human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience with user insights and trends research, iterative prototype evaluation, value proposition assessment, concept testing, lab-based user testing, unmoderated studies and field research.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations).
- Excellent communications skills. You are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.