Senior UX Researcher
User Experience (UX) is at the core of how we at Honest Buildings create an amazing product our users depend on and love to use every day. To say that our existence and success depend on a best-in-class User Experience is an understatement. To achieve that, we need to fully understand our users, their goals, emotions and behavior.
Honest Buildings is looking for a Senior UX Researcher who will be responsible for planning, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user-centered research for our cross-functional product teams.
You are an experienced and confident collaborator who will uncover the (sometimes uncomfortable) truth about our product and its users for our teams - unlocking next steps and raising the bar for our product. We want to set the standard for our industry, and you will be key to carrying out that mission.
Through your work, you will help some of the largest commercial real estate owners in the world and have an impact on the urban progress you see around you every day.
- Be the voice of users - provide facts about user behavior and needs in a fast-paced and agile startup environment
- Own and manage the UX research strategy and process
- Conduct and lead quantitative and qualitative research on multiple aspects of our product, its users and their behavior - such as usability testing, field studies, surveys, heuristic audits, benchmark studies and analyzing user data
- Analyze, synthesize, and present findings from your research (and other internal sources) in an easily digestible and illustrative form to diverse audiences
- Work with our cross-functional product teams of product managers, designers and engineers to prioritize research efforts as well as ideate and evaluate potential solutions to guide them making better design decisions
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field
- 4+ years experience in applied product research in a product- and user-driven agile environment
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and user-centered research methods
- Also comfortable with quantitative methods and statistical concepts
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize both qualitative and quantitative data, and distilling that to clear insights that help shape roadmaps and inform design decisions
- Excellent communication skills - you are a skilled presenter and an efficient and persuasive communicator of insights
- You are an expert in scoping, planning and executing the steps of the research process
- You are good friends with modern web design principles for both desktop, tablets and mobile
Not required, but extra bonus points if you also
- Have experience working on complex B2B enterprise products
- Have experience in the real estate world
- Have experience with UX copywriting
- Have an online portfolio
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (hey, we’re a startup)
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free lunch on Fridays, catered every week
- Happy hours, parties, monthly team activities and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and other cool perks
- Sweet WeWork space in downtown Manhattan
So, why Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of talented professionals with backgrounds from places like Amazon, Tishman Speyer, Urban Compass, Bain, BlackRock, Doberman, VTS, Grovo, Goldman Sachs, Kobo, Harvard, Penn, Columbia, Stanford, Permira, and McKinsey.
- We have raised over $47m from top investors including Thrive Capital. Some of our clients even decided to invest after using our product for a year. How’s that for market traction. #humblebrag
- We remember to have lots of fun and we have nice startup perks, but we’re definitely playing to win. Our vibe is best described as laid back and trusting, but professional.
- Real estate and construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by technological change and it is truly ripe for disruption. Old School is ready to go New School.
- It’s a market massively larger than others you may know. We’re talking $8 trillion in Commercial Real Estate Construction vs. for instance $1.5 trillion in E-Commerce, or $100 billion in Transportation. It’s an amazing opportunity, grounded in real needs.
- Buildings are an incredibly important asset that affect the way we all live, work, and play. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the decision makers and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day, in cities all across North America.