Senior Product Designer
Greater NYC Area
Every single day OkCupid is responsible for 40,000 first dates, some of which turn into people finding their life partner. Statistically speaking, odds are good that someone you know has found a date on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around). Come be a part of the talented and passionate team that makes this possible.
What you’ll do
- Lead the design of new features and updates across the entire product.
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs.
- Work closely with engineers, data scientists, and other designers.
- Play a key role in shaping the future of OkCupid.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years professional experience with digital product design.
- A portfolio showcasing your ability to solve design problems.
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts.
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions.
- An excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Someone who is meticulous, but able to iterate quickly.
- Someone who is comfortable defining success metrics and making data-driven design decisions.
- A self-starter attitude; an ambitious person that seeks new challenges.
- Humility, thoughtfulness and a fine sense of humor. This is important.
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description