Senior Product Designer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for defining the experience of our products. We're looking for a passionate designer with a deep understanding of the product development process and is capable of executing a design from concept to development. You should be reliable, resilient and an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working closely with developers, product management, data scientists, etc. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only thinks deeply about user needs, but also has an incredible eye for visual design. You pay attention to details while still communicating and envisioning the ‘big picture’ of the product. You will research, design and implement new products that require thoughtful consideration and may reach multiple audiences. You’re comfortable learning about new industries and their challenges while simultaneously collaborating with users to design solutions.
- Manage user-centered design projects with internal and external stakeholders, including physicians
- Define and prototype your solutions, iterating quickly with your cross-functional team of engineers, computational biologists, data scientists, and other designers
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade products
- Mentor junior designers and evangelize human-centered design across Tempus
We’re looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your experience with both defining thoughtful user experiences and your command of visual design principles (remember, you’ll have ownership over the entire design process)
- 5+ years of product design experience for web applications
- A degree in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles, including frequent user testing and contextual inquiry
- A proven track record of shipping products from start to finish in an agile environment
- Ability to balance long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- Strong experience with data visualization and/or background in scientific/medical fields
- Scrappiness with a bias toward action and sharing ideas early and often
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer treatment
- You demonstrate strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with a track record of turning complex content into user scenarios and stories.