Senior Product Designer - Enterprise Products
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, and thoughtful Senior Product Designer to join our Product Design Team. We believe we're changing the way people experience the world around them, and we want someone who's eager to play an integral role in defining how. We work as a tight, cross-disciplinary team, so you need to feel comfortable working closely with a variety of teams, as well as your fellow designers, to evolve the product and the brand across our mobile clients. The designer will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and other Product Designers on developing new features, updating existing UI for consistency and constantly be up-to-date on platform-specifics. The designer we're looking for is fluent in current design best practices, and also knows exactly when to throw them out the window and blaze a new trail. You'll be involved in every aspect of the product development process from brainstorming the next feature, to tweaking pixels right up to code freeze if necessary. You never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience. You're comfortable quickly iterating your way to a final, well-thought-out solution. You know how to articulate the rationale behind every design decision you make, and you know how to ask the right questions. You also know how to toe the line between practical and playful.
- Work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers, Analysts and the rest of the Design team to define the best approach to a problem and deliver exceptional product enhancements with the user in mind, ensure optimal technical implementation and meet scheduled deadlines
- Pivot between contributing to high-level product decisions and understanding the practical implications of those decisions
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns, being mindful of OS paradigms and brand equity
- Create appropriate documentation for the task at hand, ranging from low-fidelity sketches to annotated mockups for implementation by developers
- Routinely handles product design initiatives from inception to deployment, including design research, user research, user testing, wireframes, user flows, prototypes, animations, high-fidelity designs, specs, asset delivery, and user assurance testing (UAT)
- Uses data gathered from user testing and the Analytics team to produce compelling, data-driven concepts and user flows
- Produce interactive prototypes and/or animations for the purpose of clearly communicating transitions and functionality to developers as well as a presentation tool for getting stakeholder approvals.
- Give and solicit feedback from your fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- Minimum 3+ years of experience designing for launched products
- Portfolio shows projects with solutions that solve function-level problems
- Worked within a process established by team lead
- Able to collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, Analytics, and Customer Service to uncover problem areas
- Advanced understanding of user experience design, interaction design and ux design process
- Strong in user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability standards, typography, iconography, user interface design, and writing
- Can clearly articulate design vision to team members and stakeholders
- Maintains professionalism, has excellent listening and communication skills, respects peers, contributes as an integral team member, open to learning new skills, able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing factors.
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with prototyping (eg: Invision, Principle, AfterEffects)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related experience
- Strong illustration and animation skills
- Experience designing for responsive web (mobile-first approach)
- Experience designing for Enterprise products
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS)
- Experience working with HIGs
- Experience in using project management tools like Asana/Slack
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.