• Building print-ready mechanicals for packaging, and specialty print items, print advertising, print collateral, books, out-of-home / large format units.
• Conduct pre-flight and technical integrity checks on all files originating from Creative department, including final review of file specifications prior to release and ensuring adherence to standards of department and vendors.
• Work closely with Creative Director and Design Director to develop and troubleshoot layout to mechanical execution process.
• Ensure that deadlines are maintained and layout/mechanical workload is managed efficiently.
• Assist with retouching for presentation and internal needs.
• Creation and updating of all packaging guideline kits.
• Provide general support to Creative team, including: presentation prep, design help if needed.
• Ability to work with precision under rigorous deadlines, and extended daily schedules when necessary.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with cross functional partners, marketing managers, production managers, and vendors.
• Strong typography skills, and experience with high-caliber design content.
• Excellent proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite programs.
• Experience with output devices, color proofing, and PPS sample review.
• Excellent visual acuity, and ability to interpret/communicate design and color comments.
• Thorough understanding of print-mechanical specifications, ad material specs, and workflow.
• Fastidious attention to detail, quality, critical specifications, and production requirements.
• Monitoring and maintenance of digital assets, mechanicals, font libraries, and image collections on department servers and archives.
• Work with Creative Director on organization of server.
• Manage and store all raw and retouched photography for advertising and packaging.
• Deliver images when needed cross functionally and within the Creative Department.
• Ability to search stock imagery when needed for packaging and or email deliverables.
PREFERRED YRS. OF EXPERIENCE
• 5-7 years experience in a production role.
• 3-5 years experience in asset management