Greater NYC Area
As a CompStak product designer, you will work with a small, nimble team to build elegant and intuitive CompStak products to delight our users. We put our customers first and take pride in designing consumer-grade UX for an underserved financial market. Are you up for the challenge?
Your day to day:
- Solve design problems from beginning to end: translate research findings and data into ideas, screens and workflows
- Sketch and prototype ideas for testing and experimentation
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and clients through qualitative and quantitative research
- Think broad and wide on many alternative solutions to a given problem
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Work with other designers, product owners/managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Collaborate closely with developers to assess feasibility of ideas, implement your designs to spec and ship great products
On your first week, you'll...
- Get acquainted to the product design process/system and understand all the on-going projects.
- Participate in sprint planning and understand development process.
During your first month, you'll...
- Develop a deep understanding of the user problems
- Actively collaborate with the product and engineers to solve user problems through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Have ownership to design one large product feature
- Design low-fi to hi-fi mockups to optimize user flows within the product.
- Contribute towards product research.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- You'll have design ownership of at least one product area
- Deliver design solutions, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
- Start to drive UX best practices (analyzing tasks, model information, navigation and flows) across organizations
- BA in design or a related field, 5+ years of UX design experience
- Portfolio of UX design samples in web and mobile applications
- Command of web design best-practices, common UI patterns
- Track record of user tested proven designs
- Iterative designer, able to generate multiple ideas to solve a problem and work based off feedback (designers, stakeholders, customers)
- Command of Sketch, Zeplin, Framer X, Principle, Invision, Adobe CC, Jira, Confluence
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS (markup)
- Commercial or finance product design experiences a plus
Read Full Job Description