Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets and dramatically expanding our software footprint. This role will be a key contributor to the success of all of our digital product experiences.
As a Product Designer at Cityblock, you will collaborate with engineering, business, business, clinical, and the product teams to design and build our digital product, Commons—our care facilitation platform. In this role you will help execute each phase of the design process from research through synthesis & ideation, to UX & visual design and prototyping. We want our designers to serve a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. An ideal candidate for us will be someone who is an exceptional design talent and a strong alignment with our mission to serve others in need and deliver complex care operations at scale. We're seeking someone who will learn and understand our users’ needs to yield insights that inform product strategy, and guide the design of a new class of enterprise-grade care delivery tooling.
- Work cross-functionally with product, clinical and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Evolve the design and capability set of Commons, Cityblock’s proprietary care facilitation platform—across desktop, tablet and mobile channels
- Design and help bring to life other digital products, including enterprise-grade internal tooling for content management, decision-support, performance management, operations management and other critical functions that will need world-class experiences to support the growing scale of our business
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit deep feedback from our users and come up with solutions that address our users needs while building empathy and trust
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Work with the team to inform and improve design processes
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail, exceptional foundational design skills, and highly developed organizational skills
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years of product design experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Validate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- You’re entrepreneurial and team-oriented, with flexibility to dive into ambitious projects and small tasks from one moment to the next
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop strategy and rationale for features
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic coding and technical fluency
Nice to have:
- Experience working in health technology
- Time spent collaborating with clinicians, social workers and/or underserved communities
- Experience designing internal tools and enterprise software
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.