Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As a Product Designer at Stash, you will own the entire product design life cycle, from proposing initial concepts to shipping features at a high quality. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including research, testing, interaction design and visual design.
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences
- Evaluate data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop design strategies according to best UX practices
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback
- Work with the engineering team to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of Stashers and improve on existing features
- 3+ years in a product design role at a B2C software company
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability and discoverability
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color
- Ability to prototype designs and run user testing sessions
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills–you’ll be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions and keep track of all projects and documentation
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Portfolio featuring examples of design work
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.